Sunday, January 12, 2014

Unloved stamp

Happy New Year everyone!  I have had this pansy stamp in my stash for a really long time and I could just never figure out how to use it.  The bold frame intimidated me I think.  But as I was looking for a different stamp, I came across it and decided to give it some love.  And I LOVE how it turned out!  I will definitely be inking this one up again.  I started by inking it up in black and then coloring the flowers and leaves and cutting them out.  Then I stamped it again in versamark and heat embossed it with silver embossing powder.  Then layered the colored flowers on top.  Do you have any stamps like this in your stash?  Ones that you just can't seem to make work?

Challenges:
Charisma Cardz #1--birthdays
Art Impressions #125--expect the unexpected (use something from your stash)
Milk Coffee Challenges--celebrations
Verve Diva Hop--shimmer & shine (I used silver embossing powder, rhinestones and glitter pen on the center of the pansies; though you can't really see it in the photo)
Di's Digis--time to celebrate
Make it Monday--multi layered images
Lexi's Creations--anything goes
Love to Scrap #21--anything goes
The Paper Nest Dolls--anything goes
Loves Rubberstamps #85--anything goes
Fab n' Funky--Let's Celebrate

Supplies:
Stamps: unknown pansy stamp; PTI "Damask Designs" sentiment
Dies/embossing folders: spellbinders labels 4 (small tab at bottom); cuttlebug damask embossingfolder; Martha Stewart butterfly die

13 comments:

jonim52 said...

Very pretty card. Love the purple flowers. Thanks for joining us at Loves Rubberstamps.

Shuly said...

waaaaaw what an elegant card and great take on the sketch!!
great colors and i love the papers!!
thank you for sharing on love to scrap! challenge blog
shuly dt

Fabiola said...

superbe résultat, tu as bien fait de l'utiliser ce tampon, biz

Shanna Shands said...

This is a wonderful card. I love all the details in it. Thanks for playing at Loves Rubberstamps!

Marie Richardson said...

beautiful card
Thanks for joining us this fortnight over at Charisma Cardz challenge blog.
Good Luck with the challenge
Hugs
Marie (A Charisma Gal)
xxxx

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

How beautiful! I just love the purple and green combo.

LARELLE-SUSANNE said...

this is just beautiful, loved this super cute, Thanks so much for joining the Anything Goes Challenge at Loves Rubber Stamps, I hope to see more of your amazingly wonder projects in future events and challenges. Hugs Larelle-Susanne DT

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh you so have to ink that one up again, this is fabulous! I love the colors and the pansies are so pretty. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

Paper Panda said...

Gorgeous card. Thanks for sharing with us at Lacy Sunshine.
Mandy x (LS DT)

Pat K said...

Beautiful card Heather. I love the embossed panel..makes it so elegant. Thank you so much for joining us at Fab'n'Funky. Pat K x

Katie said...

Great card, you made fabulous use of the sketch!
Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Nest Dolls and Good Luck!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty Heather. Love the flowers and the fussy cutting your did. The lilac hues are beautiful.

Ria Zonnestraaltje said...

Pretty flowers :) thanks for joining us at Lacy Sunshine :)
hugs Ria