Saturday, November 29, 2014

Turkey Day

Happy Thanksgiving (a couple days late)!  I hope you all had a fabulous day with family and friends and lots of yummy food!  Last year I started my own tradition of making little favors to put at everyone's place.  These are the little cuties I made:
I found the turkey idea on Pinterest (where else, right?).  They were really pretty easy, but here's a tip: if you can find double stuffed oreos (might have to go with the traditional cookie) it would be a whole lot easier to put the stick in there!  Of course, I had to pull out my papercrafting supplies:   I die cut a tag and stamped it with a sentiment and a cute little turkey which you will be able to see better in the next photo.  Then I tied it on with a bit of twine and finished it off with two ribbons.


Challenges:
Paper Nest Dolls #23--anything goes
Shopping Our Stash #179--Free is Good (the orange ribbon is something my mom had left over from her crafting days.  I have yards of it.  Free will be good for a looooong time)
Word Art Wednesday #168--anything goes with uplifting sentiment
Southern Girls--celebration (celebrating Thanksgiving)
Brown Sugar #122--anything goes

Supplies:
Stamps: Verve "Tall Oaks" sentiment; PTI "Places, Please" turkey
Dies: Spellbinders "Charmed, I'm Sure!"


7 comments:

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Heather! I just LOVE your fantastic ideas, and I thank you so much for sharing your talents with us. Have a blessed week!
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

P.S. Your sweet projects would be SO perfect for our Christmas Gift Packaging Challenge at Really Reasonable Ribbon. I hope you will stop by and share this in the challenge here:
http://reasonableribbon.blogspot.com/2014/11/rrr-challenge-107-gift-packaging-and.html

Nikki Byrne said...

Brilliant gift ideas , LOVE that turkey and they are perfect for our with thanks theme over at OSAAT, Thank you for joining us :) Nikki DT

cass said...

Great gift idea, thanks for joinng us at Brown Sugar this week.

Pat K said...

Oh yum...all my fav's. Really cute idea Heather.
Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week. Pat K x

Jo Ann said...

This is too cute and yummy. I can just imagine my boy receiving this and being amazed by the creativity. We are very blessed that you joined us at last week's Challenge at Word Art Wednesday. A brand new Challenge started today so, would love for you to join us again. Leaving you the assurance of God's Word in 1 John 4:9, "This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him." Have a great day!

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

Crafting Vicky said...

This is sooooo cute!!!!!

Thanks for joining us at Meljen’s challenge this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky.

Karen Oliver said...

What a great idea I love these little treats. Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls.