Sunday, January 25, 2015

Cupcake Love

Time to get started on those Valentine's Day Cards.  I think I made 10 cards this week (might be a new record for me!) and this is the only one that didn't use anything from my "bits and pieces" stash.  But I really wanted to use this sketch and didn't have any pieces that worked.  BUT I have had that bling oval FOREVER and have never really figured how to use it.  I think it is a fun way to draw even more attention to this adorable cupcake cupid.
 Challenges:
Raisin Boat #30--Love is in the air
Sweet Stamps--hearts
Cuttin & Stampin--Valentine's Day
Word Art Wednesday--anything goes with uplifting sentiment
Crafty Creations #281--something old, something new (the background stamp is old, old, old and the scalloped die is new)
DRS Designs #158--lovely hearts
Sister Act Card Challenge #90--anything goes
Dis Digis--add sparkle
Card Mania Challenge #64--Make it Sparkle
Retro Rubber #6--sketch
RRBC06

Supplies:
Stamps: Taylored Expressions cupcake set; SU! hearts & swirls background stamp
Dies: MFT "Stitched Scallops"; Sweet n' Sassy Stamps heart die

14 comments:

Linda said...

Oh that is a perfect use for your oval. Thank you so much for joining the challenge at Raisin Boat with your adorable card.

Jane Knudsen said...

Capital C, capital UTE!!! That cupcake! That oval bling (I want one of those!)! That dsp! Love it all! Thank you for playing along with Retro Rubber!

Shelia said...

Well, this made me smile. I really like the cupid cupcake image!! Thank you for joining the challenge at DRS Designs this week!

Unknown said...

Heather, this pink beauty is so Valentine. Thank you for participating in our 167th AG challenge here at Word Art Wednesday. I hope to see you back again really soon.
Blessings,
Carole

Barb said...

This is such a pretty card and the added gem really pop it. Thanks for sharing with us at the Crafty Creations challenge. Barb

Anonymous said...

You can't go wrong with Diamonds and cupcakes! I just love your card! Thank you for playing with us at Retro Rubber.

Unknown said...

SWEET! Love the sparkly cupcake frosting with its oval bling. And I have that background stamp also... just love it! Thanks for including the RRBC in your stamping fun this week!!

Unknown said...

Such a sweet card! Thanks for joining in Card Mania Challenge

Claire Grantham said...

Great card, I agree wholeheartedly with you about the oval bling - great way to use it. Thanks for joining in at RRBC this week. Cx

Christine Traversa said...

Super sweet!

Miss Emerald said...

Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Card Mania Challenges. Good luck and hope you'll join us again.

Kristi said...

I love that blingy oval! And the sparkle on the cupcake frosting as well!

Wendy said...

Fabulous card...Thanks for playing along with us at Di's Digi Designs Challenge this fortnight.
Wendy xx

Neva Cole said...

What a fun incorporation of all of your elements. Thank you for joining us at RRCB!