Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Mom

Welcome to another What If? Wednesday challenge from The House That Stamps Built.  The first challenge of every month is a color challenge and Wendy picked them based on the favorite color combos of the Design Team.  I'm pretty sure this was mine (it's pretty sad when you can't even remember what your favorite color combo is!):
It's actually been quite a while since I used this combo, but after finishing my card, I remembered why I like it so much!  

I created the little metal label, but die cutting a label shape out of silver paper and then cutting the center out with my craft knife to finish the look.  I masked my sentiment so only the "mom" part of the sentiment received any ink, and there you have a perfect little label.  I used a woodgrain embossing folder on the background to give it texture and interest, and it ties in with the woodland, nature theme.  I hope you get a chance to play along; I'd love to see what you do with my favorite color combo. : )

Supplies:
Stamps: Repeat Impressions "912K--Tulip Bouquet" and "4020G--Mom's like you . . ."
Dies: Spellbinders "A2 Matting Basics A" rectangle; MFT "Blueprints 13"--Stitched rectangle
Verve "Charming Ovals" label and "Flag It" little banners
Darice woodgrain embossing folder

Challenges:
Tuesday Throwdown #292--Welcome Spring
Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps #329--use 3 die cuts or punches
The Paper Girls #103--All About The Ladies
Eureka Stamps #191--feminine/Mother's Day
A Beautiful Mess #2--anything goes
Card Mania #180--flowers
Come And Get It #116--make your own embellishment (my label)
Sketch Saturday #410--sketch (I chose to use #217)

A Gem of a Challenge #168--favorite color combo
Creative Craft Cottage #62--feminine
{Pin}spirational Challenge #164--inspiration (the quote is from Proverbs 31 which talks about the outstanding qualities of the Biblical woman--my mom definitely typifies a lot of them, plus I have flowers)

Craftin' Desert Divas--in the garden


16 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

Very pretty - love your handmade embellishments - very creative.

Claudia's kaartjes said...

Stunning Creation.Thanks for joining us at CCC Challenge

hugs
Claudia
DT Creative Craft Cottage Challenge
http://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.be/

Sherrie K. said...

Beautiful card! I love the image and the coloring is so vibrant! Fantastic job!
Sherrie K

Barb said...

Very nicely done, love your design and take on the colors. Thanks for sharing with us at CAGI, hope to see you again, Barb

Ina G said...

Oh Heather this is simply beautiful. You have used my favourite RI stamp and I know my colouring wouldn't come close to this. Love it!

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at PINspirational, good luck!!! Amy DT

Judy V said...

Beautiful card! Love the design! Thanks for joining us at Creatuve Craft Cottage!

joy said...

I really like your coloring - my favorite part of your card is is the framing of the word Mom -

Lisa Mensing said...

So beautiful! Love the design and colors. Thank you for playing along at Craftin Desert Divas In The Garden Linky Party. Lisa DT

Jasmina said...

What an elegant card! Love the coloring and your design. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Come and Get It Challenge.

crafty said...

Beautifully coloured flowers and a lovely design. Thank you for joining in at Eureka Stamps this week.
Mary

Janis Lewis said...

Beautiful. Thanks for linking up at PINspirational.
DT Janis

Emily Lauritzen said...

Stunning card! I love the soft shading around your gorgeous image! And the woodgrain texture is perfect!
Thank you so much for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown!
<3 Emily L. - DT

Sarah said...

I love your card! Pink & green is such an awesome color combo!! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown!

cotnob said...

This is fabulous, such a pretty image and gorgeous colour combination.
Thank you for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge.
Pauline
x

Deanne Saunders said...

Very pretty card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our {PIN}SPIRATIONAL challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!! Have a great crafty day!!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper