Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Unto you

Happy Wednesday!  It's time for another challenge from The House That Stamps Built!  We have a new designer joining us this week, so make sure you stop by the blog and give her a warm welcome!  This week's challenge is a Designer's Choice and Laurie has chosen "Glitter".  Who doesn't love glitter, right?  Here is my card for your inspiration:
I was digging through my bits and pieces stash (which I am trying to use up--it will take forever!), and pulling out whatever I thought might work.  I pulled out the snowflake die cut and the blue oval.  And the blue ribbon is one I've had in my stash FOREVER!  I heat embossed the sentiment with silver embossing powder and lined the edge of the oval with a silver sharpie to give it separation from the background.  I laid down some adhesive on the background and sprinkled silver glitter all over it, making sure to burnish it really well.  After I adhered everything together, it still needed "something" so I looked through my embellishments and discovered some rhinestone strips which were perfect for going underneath the oval.  This card is so sparkly and shiny and gorgeous!
 I hope you will play along with us this week (remember that you have all month to play with each challenge); I can't wait to see all the glittery creations!

Supplies:
Stamps: Repeat Impressions "For Unto You"
Dies: Memory Box snowflake die; Spellbinders "Classic Ovals, large"

Challenges:
Crafting By Designs--anything goes
Aud Sentiment #194--Christmas
Crafty Catz #393--Let it snow
Cas-ual Fridays #188--winter blues
Cardz TV #24--anything goes
Craft-Dee Bow Z--anything goes with handmade bow
Card Mania #99--Christmas
Divas That Cut--wintertime
Crafty Calendar--It's Christmas
Sheep Ski Designs #9--sparkle and/or shine
Hiding in my Craft Room #329--Christmas colors
Come And Get It--Christmas
Simon Says Stamp Monday--icy inspiration
Atlantic Hearts Sketch #241--sketch (I was a little free and I haven't played along before, so I hope this is ok)

 Cuttlebug Mania--Let it snow



24 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

Pretty pretty- love all the sparkle on your card - definitely my kind of card.
Love the message as well. This was a fun challenge.

Esther Asbury said...

Beautiful card with lots of glitter and sparkle! I love the silver glittered strip - I thought it was washi tape! What a great little tip for creating a washi look with glitter! Love the sentiment and the pretty way you framed it!

Becca Sadler said...

What a lovely glittery wintery colors of Christmas card for the HIMCR #329 Christmas Colors challenge this week! Thanks for submitting! from a new DT member, Becca

Elaine Stark said...

A delightful card. Thanks for joining aud Sentiments challenge. Elaine

PJ said...

Gorgeous CARD.. Love the details and the verse is beautiful.
Merry Christmas.

creationsnz said...

A lovely sparkly card for our Christmas challenge. Thanks for joining us at Come And Get It, CarolG

Aunty Sue said...

Lovely card and love your colour choice thanks for sharing at crafty catz this week

Patti J said...

Beautifully done, Heather! I must admit that I love glitter!!! Hugs...

Laurie Unger said...

Love the glitter strip and the added bling that you added onto your card.

Unknown said...

great card with the glitter :)
thanks for joining us at SheepSki Designs Challenges. i hope you’ll join us again 🙂
Greetings
DT heike 🙂

joy said...

I love this sentiment - perfectly chosen to show off some sparkle!

Christine said...

Heather, this is so elegant! Love how the scripture takes center stage and the great way you used the sketch! So glad you played along at AHSC.
Blessings,
Christine
DT Member

Marcia said...

What an elegant card! Love the sentiment! Thanks for playing along with everyone at the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge.

NJ Stamping Queen said...

Lovely card! I love the diecuts you used. Thanks for linking up to the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge--please join us again soon!
:) Marie

Kath Stewart said...

such a beautiful card Heather, love the snowflake border, thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, enjoy your weekend...hugs kath xxx

Cheri said...

Oh, Heather...What a stunning card! And to think it was created from you scraps!!! What could be better?

Donna said...

This is gorgeous Heather, like the sentiment as the focal point and all the fabulous embellishing from your stash!

Lisa Mensing said...

Beautiful card and sentiment. The die-cut snowflakes and embellishments are stunning. Thanks for playing along at Casual Fridays Winter Blues Challenge.

Lisa said...

Love using up bits and pieces! It's my favorite! This is a beautiful creation and everything looks like it was meant to be together all along. Thanks so much for playing along at Atlantic hearts!

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Going through your stash is so much fun and wondering why didn't you use this...beautiful layout and use of your stash and love the embossing...gorgeous card. Thanks for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts.

Planetsusie said...

This is brilliant and I love the bling underneath the oval frame. Thank you so much for entering the CCAYR (Anything Goes) Challenge this month. Lots of luck to you and I hope we see you again very soon. Sue Pxxx DT

Arlene said...

You made your focus the sentiment and this is a beautiful card. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

Cara said...

How pretty! A lots of bling happening! Thanks for sharing with us at SheepSki Designs! Good luck! (Hugs) Cara
SheepSki Designs Challenge Blog
My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}
TTCRD Challenge Blog {Owner}

Beverley said...

Gorgeous card, I love the layout. Thanks for joining in this months 'Christmas' challenge over at Crafty Calendar.
Hugs
Bev x