Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Yappy Day

The other day I posted the Valentine's Day card I made for my niece.  This is the card I made for her brother, my nephew, who is 2.  I was looking for a punny sentiment and saw that I had one that said "Yappy Day"  it looked like it would be easy enough to mask and stamp "Valentine's" in the middle.  It was and I ended up with "Yappy Valentine's Day"!  So fun!  And I found this sweet puppy that went along with it perfectly.
I managed to get it made and sent out yesterday, so maybe they will all arrive on time!  Oh, yeah, I almost forgot, the white heart was in my bits and pieces stash and it was perfect for backing this sweet puppy.

Supplies:
Stamps: Sweet n' Sassy Stamps "Cute Critters" image and yappy sentiment; Repeat Impressions "Valentine's"
Dies: Spellbinders banners; MFT "Pierced Heart STAX"

Challenges:
Crafty Friends #77--love is in the air
Crazy 4 Challenges #421--love/appreciation
Cut it Up #141--Layers of love
If You Give a Crafter A Cookie #87--inspiration photo (inspired by the red, white, and hearts, plus the stripes)

Stamplorations--Paint it Red

2 Crafty Critter Crazies #11--anything goes
Creative Inspirations--Love is in the air OR pink/red
Die Cut Divas--love is in the air
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper--anything goes
Card Mania #101--red and hearts


10 comments:

Arlene said...

Darling card. I love the cute dog. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

maria f. said...

What a little cutie! I love the layout you used to showcase him. And all that red! Thanks for playing over at STAMPlorations this month.

Glittered Paws said...

How cute - love the doggie cards - - love your layout on this.

Sandy said...

Cute card for a little boy, Heather. And your doctoring of the sentiment was such a great idea. Thank you for entering at If You Give A Crafter a Cookie. Sandy/DT

Laura ElleBi said...

What a lovely card!

Thanks for joining Crafty Friends
DT Laura

cass said...

Wonderful card with great paper. Thanks for joining us at CHNS Patterned Paper Challenge this month.

NanaConnie said...

This is darling, Heather! Love the punny sentiment. I'm so excited to see you playing along with us in our "Anything Goes with a Critter" challenge at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies this month. Do join us again, won't you? Good luck.
NanaConnie DT

Miss Emerald said...

Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Card Mania Challenges. Good luck and hope you'll join us again.

scrapfantazje said...

So sweet:)
Thank you for joining us at Card Mania Challenge

ILEANA ARTUFFO said...

Lovely creation!
Thanks for playing at Card Mania Challenge.
Ileanaxx